Independence Square Association promotes an attractive and financially stable downtown while preserving our historic resources and enriching the community.
We take pride in our caretaking role and as a place-making space for city festivals, parades, farmers markets and cultural events. We will continue to ensure that the historic area is relevant for what is and what is yet to be.
Invest in the heartbeat of our community
Independence Square Association is a 501 (c)(3) organization dedicated to preserving our historic downtown. We create and promote community through scores of events, preservation education, and economic development. Come help our community grow.
Business owners, property owners, residents and citizens who care about our historic downtown. ISA began in 1957 and has evolved into a Main Street organization with state and national membership. We are passionate about preserving our past and telling our story for future generations.
- Scores of free events for families, couples, and individuals annually
- Opportunities for advocacy for our historic district
- Beautiful place-making spaces
- Ways for citizens to engage in preservation & restoration
- Learning opportunities for entrepreneurs
- A new ordinance expanding outdoor dining
- Community Improvement District to fund public amenities, maintenance, and district improvements
- New website design, featuring a directory for all district businesses
- New private park (Liberty Lounge) for additional outdoor programming including free summer concerts and Free performances by City Theatre of Independence
- Partnership with WestiNd Connection for HeART 2 HeART (interactive public art) and Indy Pride Associate-tier level with Missouri Main Street Connection
- Spectacular holiday activities including Living Windows and over 1 mile of holiday lights
WHY YOUR INVESTMENT MATTERS
Community support funds over 90% of our mission. You make it possible for the ongoing preservation and beautification of Historic Independence Square and marketing our district as a tourist, shopping, entertainment, and destination space.